Subject: Re: Support for graphics cards
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 94 10:47:07 EDT

> Consider this a request for allowing some form of solid
> model rendering directly from the modeler interface.  This
> could be very nice on an 8, 16 or 24 bit EGS screen... :)
> It could just be a standard lighting setup of its own, just
> to see how the model is shaping up.

Or, what would also do the trick nicely is a hot-key to render the current
scene in LightWave. That way you could use Export to update an existing
scene (or start a new one if nothing is there) and hit the hotkey to see it
rendered. Ofcourse on a 3rd party graphics board, it would be nicer still
to have the rendered output pop up in a full color window on top of your
Modeler screen. Hopefully, the current "resolution-enhanced" workbench
screen is also a viable choice for LW and Modeler to run on.
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
%      `       '        Mark Thompson                 CONCURRENT COMPUTER  %
% --==* RADIANT *==--   [email-masked]        Principal Graphics   %
%      ' Image `        ...!uunet!masscomp!mark       Hardware Architect   %
%     Productions       (508)392-2480 (603)424-1829   & General Nuisance   %
%                                                                          %
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~